Sunday, January 30, 2011

LIGHT BOX

Our first studio project of the semester was to make a white 12 x 12 x 18 box. We then had to cut holes in it to where when a light was shone through it four spaces were defined. It took serious thought and creativity (and a little rule-bending) for everyone but the results were pretty amazing.

I cut a 2 x 2 square out of one of the sides of the box. Then i cut the square in half. I cut a slit in one half of the box and attached it perpendicular to the other side to make a cross form. Then i placed the square back into the cutout. My light source was a small flashlight. 
 

 

This was the original light effect I got.



After we did that part we were told to use bristol paper and bamboo skewers and expand on our box. We had to take the light effect somewhere. We also had to include a scale figure to put a spatial perspective on it. 

I had the idea to make little tiers out of the paper and sticks to attempt to give each of the 4 squares of light its own space...to essentially separate them and get them out of their original window-looking state.

 





I think it turned out pretty successfully.


No comments:

Post a Comment