Tuesday, February 15, 2011

dining room precedents

To me a dining space should be comfortable and exciting. Colors in the room should echo the excitement of the gathering of people and they should be able to sit comfortably and enjoy their meal and their time together. Here are a few spaces that I found inspiring...


[social space]

palazzo lobby



Having grown up in Las Vegas I know a little bit about "exciting". The crazy colors and patterns (and sounds...hello slot machines everywhere!) provided a nice contrast from the dry brown landscape of the Nevada desert. The pictures are ones that I actually took the last time I was there. The whimsical umbrellas are located above a central, social space and definitely give people something to talk about.



[dining space]



Bringing color and interest to the floors, walls, or chairs makes the room more exciting and lively and that has an effect on the people in it.



[ritual space]



The Church of San Leolino in Panzano, Italy was inspiring to me because although it's got grandeur and an element of seriousness it still has color and life to it without covering the walls in stained glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment