For project #2 we were instructed to "make a container for 12 twigs". This made me really think about the word "container" and all of its synonyms. I wanted to create something that was mainly geometric to "contain" the twigs but also to let them keep their shape and be shown off. I chose to leave the paper white so that the different shades and textures of my different twigs would really be showcased. The boxes are basically one big, interesting frame for the twigs to be displayed in.
 |
First Attempt
I really just wanted to get the shape down before I used better paper. This prototype is made out of Bristol Board which, obviously, is pretty flimsy. |
 |
| We were told to focus on a certain part of our prototype and to make a "sketch model" of it. |
 |
| This is my sketch model. It's made out of Bristol as well but the craftsmanship started to get better... |
 |
| For my final product I used a cold-press drawing board. I forget the technical name for it. I built the boxes around the sticks (which took a long time and many broken sticks). |
 |
| It's not perfect, but it's what I wanted to achieve. |
 |
| Front view. |
 |
| Here's a close-up of the twigs I used. I love the contrast in their textures, colors, and sizes. |
No comments:
Post a Comment